Thursday 3 January 2013

The mountains feed my soul

Hout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa. This is where I have spent the majority of my life. We have the most beautiful surroundings here. There are the Chapmans peak cliffs that curl around a large bay. From one side the paths go all the way to Noordhoek and on the other you can find trails going into Kirstenbosh gardens.

I have been hiking around the Western Cape for roughly 10 years now. I recently did a 8 day walking leader course with Adventure Forth which has got me so excited to spend more time in the mountains and less time in the office. This year I will be tackling as many new trails as I can.

With each hike I will be documenting the details as well as my favourite fynbos and birds you could see. So please follow my page if you are interested in reading about my experiences.

Here is a list of some of the hikes I do regularly and will be guiding soon.

  • Blackburn Ravine (Hout Bay)
  • Manganese Mines (Hout Bay)
  • Vlakkenberg (Hout Bay)
  • Myburgh Ravine (Hout Bay)
  • Llandudno Ravine (Hout Bay)
  • Skeleten Gorge (Cape Town)
  • Nursery Ravine (Cape Town)





No comments:

Post a Comment